Tuesday, March 18, 2008

FREE TIBET!


I've been keeping up with the Tibet issue for a little while now, and let me just say--I'm digusted.


I can't even fathom why China would take over Tibet in the first place! Then they don't even understand why the fuck so many people are angry. Now I open my newspaper and see pictures of people about to be beaten and a monk with blood on his face from a wound recieved to the head. I can see that maybe they were pushing the violence thing, but why the monks and all the innocent people?
And all the officials in Beijing seem to worry about is the fuckin Olympics. I mean, after all, everyone loves sports way more than important issues.
Hey, guys, here's an idea: set them free and you won't have to worry about it anymore.
If not for the sake of human lives, but for the sake of your own sanity, you know?

And how is it that it's suddenly the Dali Lama's fault? How the fuck would it be his fault, anyway? I know I don't know the guy, but I doubt someone who's won the Nobel Peace Price on several occasions would be an evil villain by night.

The Chinese government is trying to say they're reforming their policy. Haha, give me a fuckin break! I really couldn't tell in the midst of all the chaos. Man, you guys are really good actors, goddamn it. You sure had us fooled. Now I can sleep easily with a stupid grin on my face!

And why is it the fault of the Tibetan people? You invaded their land and STOLE their culture and identity! You should be fucking ashamed of yourselves. Then they have the nerve to call the Tibetan's plan "ignorant." Please, someone tell me how it's ignorant. How is wanting something that's rightfully yours, something all humans have a right to, back a hair-brained idea? I'll show you hair-brained--taking a country for no real reason and brutally instilling policies that hurt the innocent. Yeah! Hey, everyone! Let's go out there, take any country we want and take away everything they have! Why? Because it's there!

Speaking of which...Mt. Everest is suddenly closed. The Chinese government doesn't want a repeat of what happened the time these hikers hoisted a "Free Tibet" flag and posted the act over the internet. Way to have everything under control.

Back to the blame game, China says the Tibetans are easily manipulated simply because they refuse to speak Mandarin. That allows them to be suceptible. Okay, so maybe not knowing a language can leave you vulnerable, especially when the country that speaks it...you know...owns you. I do believe, however, claiming that admits that there are people who manipulate them. Nothing gives them that right. Excuse the Tibetans for trying to keep a little dignity in wanting their own language. In fact, excuse the world for having culture. Excuse us all for believing in a little freedom now and again.

The love of power is too strong.
It looks like Jimi Hendrix's idea won't be fulfilled any time soon.

And that's a shame.


All I can say is, keep on fighting in what you believe in, guys.
You know you're right.
And it's not just the Tibetans--it's everyone.
Stand up for yourself and others.
Stop being afraid.

No comments: